Sunday, August 8, 2010

Searching For A Me That Looks More Like Me...

Hi peeps! It's another thesis update!

But first, a brief "real life" update:

I went on vacations (and a mission) a few weeks ago. What was the mission, you ask? I had to go rescue my car (which I left in Savannah when I moved back to Puerto Rico. The thing is they gave me 31 days to move it from where I had it, so it was a bit of a rush, and a drain to the pocket :-|. Anyway, I got it back and now I've been working on my thesis film during this whole week.

I've been solving some things I considered issues about the beginning scene (staging being too simple and not much camera work). I recently bought a book professor John Webber recommended me, to which I find myself nodding while reading it. If you're interested in developing stronger storytelling skills, I recommend: Francis Glebas' "Directing The Story: Professional Storytelling and Storyboarding Techniques for Live Action and Animation". Here's the link in case you want to take a closer look / read reviews about it or simply get it:



I'm trying to do one of those "Less talk, more pictures" approach here in my blog, but I don't want to either give out too much or show too much. So I'll just drop a few things here and there to keep it interesting. :)


In this picture (work in progress!) you can see how I update the early design I had for the character who is supposed to be me (at the right) to one that currently looks more like me (left).  No, my face is not purple right now (although I did go to the beach today, but didn't get sunburnt :D ).  But yeah, I haven't had a haircut in a while, I haven't shaved in a while either, and the bags of my eyes apparently have been tattooed there already since I slept so little while at SCAD, heheh.  So I've included all those actual details, to design a character that looks more like me.  I like the simplistic design on the right, but I felt it doesn't look much like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment